Written By: Samantha Cee
This week we sat down with an amazing SHEO . Zakia Warner , the owner of Hot Thang Candles. Zakia hand pours soy wax candles and melts (the melted wax can be used as a moisturizer!) The candles are amazing and smell so good! These are feel good products and we all deserve to feel good. Also, the CEO and innovator makes an all natural lip balm. A vast quantity of clientele have proclaimed the lip balm " is the best they’ve ever had" . A $1 from each product purchase is donated to charity. Check out our exclusive interview with the amazing brand below .
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: Hotthangcandles
Fashion Gxd Magazine : How did the idea for your business come about?
Hot Thang Candles (CEO): I thought of something that I love and almost everyone else loves: Candles! The name of my company came from the name of a song by one of my favorite musicians: Prince. He has a song named Hot Thing.
• Fashion Gxd Magazine : What three pieces of advice would you give to other children who want to become entrepreneurs?
• Hot Thang Candles (CEO) : Learn from others. Do a lot of research and be open to criticism.
• Fashion Gxd Magazine :If you had the chance to start your career over again, what would you do differently?
• Hot Thang Candles (CEO) : I would have started about 20 years ago when I had more energy!
• Fashion Gxd Magazine :What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur ?
• Hot Thang Candles (CEO) : Passion. Determination. Persistence.
• Fashion Gxd Magazine :What have been some of your failures, and what have you learned from them?
• Hot Thang Candles (CEO) : I have had to deal with items being discontinued and being taken advantage of by others. I have just learned that I have to keep pushing and there will always be hardships.
• Fashion Gxd Magazine : How many hours do you work a day on average?
• Hot Thang Candles (CEO) : Probably about 17. If I am not physically working on my business, I am mentally.
• Fashion Gxd Magazine :Describe/outline your typical day?
• Hot Thang Candles (CEO) : Wake up, drink coffee, spend time with my wife and fur babies, meditate, go for a walk, shower and get ready for my 9-5. After my job, I work on Hot Thang Candles: social media posts, make products and fulfill orders.
• Fashion Gxd Magazine : How has being an entrepreneur affected your family life?
• Hot Thang Candles (CEO) : I have had to spend less time with my family but they are understanding. Most of my free time is dedicated to my business.
• Fashion Gxd Magazine :What motivates you?
• Hot Thang Candles (CEO) : I want to create a legacy and be an inspiration to others.
• Fashion Gxd Magazine: How do you generate new ideas?
• Hot Thang Candles (CEO) : Interacting with others and going out into the world.
• Fashion Gxd Magazine : What sacrifices have you had to make to be a successful entrepreneur?
• Hot Thang Candles (CEO) : Social life and sleep! lol
• Fashion Gxd Magazine : Where you see yourself and your business in 10 years? 20 years?
• Hot Thang Candles (CEO) : Running a multi million dollar empire and opening numerous safe havens for victims of domestic violence.